Consultation to change the age range of Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School, Leigh-on Sea from 4-11 to 2-11
The Governors of Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School with the Trustees of the Assisi Catholic Trust are currently consulting with stakeholders regarding the proposal to change the school age at Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School. We propose to lower the school age from 4-11 to 2-11 to allow to provide nursery provision on the site at Our Lady of Lourdes through the amalgamation with Our Lady of Lourdes Pre-School.
Our proposal, endorsed by Our Lady of Lourdes Pre-School, will ensure that there is high-quality nursery provision available for our children from the earliest stage of their educational journey.
Supporting learners at the earliest stage in their education is a privilege and one which we do not take lightly; being part of a child’s journey and nurturing them to grow, not only academically, but also spiritually, morally, emotionally, culturally, socially and physically is a vocation for all in our school family.
What are we proposing?
Working closely with the staff team at Our Lady of Lourdes Pre-School, we are proposing to amalgamate the Pre-School with the main school. The development of nursery provision at Our Lady of Lourdes will allow us to give the children in our community the very best start to their education and will ensure a consistent setting and approach to learning for our youngest learners.
As a school, we are keen to ensure that high-quality early year’s education is available for all children in the local area. We propose to develop an exceptional Early Years department, within Our Lady of Lourdes, which:
- Will offer 15 hours and 30 hours funded childcare places, as well as affordable parent funded places to ensure all children from 2 years up to 4 years of age are able t access early education within our setting.
- Will operate during school hours, Monday – Friday, term-time only.
- Will have the facility to offer wrap around childcare to extend the nursery day from 7.15am – 5.30pm.
- Will raise the educational attainment of children entering Reception classes within the local area.
- Will ensure that children leaving the Nursery setting are school-ready as a result of having experienced the school-based learning.
- Will eliminate transition for those children who choose Our Lady of Lourdes as their preferred primary school in Reception (Please note there is no automatic right for Nursery aged children to gain a Reception place at the school. Parents of Nursery aged children would need to apply in the normal way for admission to Our Lady of Lourdes).
The consultation starts on 14th June 2021 and will run until 26th July 2021. During this time, you can make representation in writing or by email. We will publish and update a Frequently Asked Questions section below to include any questions or concerns that might emerge during the consultation phase.
Please label all responses ‘Nursery Consultation’ and send them to:
In writing to: Headteacher, Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School, Manchester Drive, Leigh-on-sea, Essex SS9 3HS.
A formal consultation meeting will be held on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 at 2pm, please contact the school office for joining instructions to attend this session.
All responses will be considered by the Governing Body prior to application.