Religious Education Curriculum
At our school, we use the ‘Come and See’ Religious Education programme from EYFS to Year 6. It is based on the theological foundations of the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Catechism and the revised RE Curriculum Directory.
‘Come and See’ provides:
- Opportunities for celebration, prayer and reflection.
- Children with the language of religious experience.
- Opportunities to explore and develop religious stories and events.
- Appropriate materials about other faiths.
Overview of Content:
The process for delivering the topics in ‘Come and See’ has three stages – Explore, Reveal and Respond which enables the pupils with the development of knowledge, understanding, skills and the fostering of attitudes. The nine topics are subdivided as follows:
- Family - Domestic Church
- Belonging - Baptism/Confirmation/Marriage/Vocation
- Loving - Advent/Christmas
- Community - Local Church
- Relating - Eucharist
- Giving - Lent/Easter
- Serving - Pentecost
- Inter-relating - Reconciliation
- World - Universal Church